- Did God change His mind because of Hezekiah's prayer in 2 Kings 20?
- How do we apply the Old Testament historical books and why do they matter?
- What is the difference between Matthew's genealogy and Luke's?
- Why is Mark 16:9-20 in my Bible if those verses weren't included in the earliest manuscripts?
1. Why did the Lord kill Uzzah in 2 Samuel 6?
- When Saul visits the witch of Endor in 1 Samuel 28, is it really the spirit of Samuel or a demon that speaks?
- In 1 Samuel 14:42-26, what does Saul mean by "God do so to me and more" when he says Jonathan shall die. Also, when the people save Jonathan, is it their own power or is the Lord speaking through them?
- What does 2 Corinthians 1:20 mean when it says all the promises of God find their "yes" in Christ?
- What does 1 Corinthians 15:20 mean when it says that Jesus is "the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep"?
- Can you explain the exchange between Jesus and the Gentile woman in Mark 7:24-30? I have heard some say that Jesus used an ethnic slur here referring to this woman as a dog.
- Why does God's seem to bless Rahab's lying to save Israel's spies in the book of Joshua, when we know lying is a sin?
- What does 1 Corinthians 5 mean when the church is instructed to deliver an immoral man "to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord?"
1. What does Romans 14:22 mean when it says, "The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God?" I thought we were supposed to share our faith.
- Why does the Gospel of John have such a different account of the events in Matthew 26:20-25
- What is the meaning of Romans 11:28-32?
- How do we apply imprecatory psalms to our lives when they appear to be praying for the destruction of others?
- Does the taking away of the Holy Spirit mentioned Psalm 51:11 mean that someone could lose their salvation?
- Why did the Lord enact the strange test for women whose husbands suspect them of unfaithfulness in Numbers 5?
A word of encouragement from Pastor Matt
- Why are the 10 commandments emphasized so much when there are so many other commands given by God throughout Leviticus?
- What is the Covenant of Salt mentioned in Leviticus 2:13?
- Is Leviticus 19:28 applicable to the ink tattoos people get nowadays?
- Were the Israelites monotheists or did they practice monolatry?
- Why would Aaron build the golden calf in Exodus 32 after seeing all that God had done.
- Did God change His mind in Exodus 32?
- What are the Urim and the Thummim in Exodus 28?
- In Exodus, after some plagues, it records Pharaoh asking Moses to plead for the plague to stop and other times it doesn’t. Is that significant or does that imply anything?
- What is Matthew 12:5 saying about the sabbath?
- What does Matthew 16:28 mean when Jesus says that “there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”
- What is the significance of Paul’s vow in Acts 18:18?
- Why does the Lord harden Pharaoh’s heart?
- Why did people beg Jesus to leave after he healed a demon possessed man?
- Why would Paul circumcise Timothy in Acts 16, after they decided not to require it of Gentiles in Acts 15?
- Why do the pronouns change from “they” to “we” in Acts 16:6-10?
- Why does Joseph test his brothers in so many ways near the end of Genesis?
- Why did Rebekah loathe the Hittite women in Genesis 27:46?
- How do we reconcile Jesus' words in Matthew 10:34, where He says "I have not come to bring peace..." with Luke 2:14, where the angels announce "peace on earth" to the shepherds at the time of Jesus' birth?
- Who are Hellenists in Acts 6:1? Who are the widows that are being neglected and why were the disciples summoned to take care of this concern?
- What's going on with the deception used by Jacob & Rebekah in Genesis 27?
- Since everything that God made was good, when and how did evil enter into the world?
- Where did Cain’s wife come? (Gen. 4:17)
- Do we know who the two men in Acts 1:10 may have been?