6697 W 900 N, MCCORDSVILLE, IN, 46055
Jesus Christ is the cornerstone upon which Geist Community Church is built (Ephesians 2:20). In every aspect of our worship—from our singing, preaching, and praying, our desire is to honor and obey the Lord Jesus Christ. It’s all about Him!
Jesus, as the incarnate Word of God said in Matthew 16:18, “I will build my church.” Paul instructed Timothy to devote himself to the preaching of the Word (2 Timothy 4:2) because the Word makes the man of God “complete, equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:17).
Scripture itself testifies to the primacy of God’s Word:
- The Word gives us new birth (James 1:21).
- The Word saves us (1 Peter 1:23–25).
- The Word sustains us (John 1:1–14).
- The Word grows us (Acts 20:32).
- The Word builds us up and preserves us (Romans 1:16).
- The Word creates faith within us (1 Thessalonians 2:13).
- The Word performs God’s work in us (Hebrews 4:12).
- The Word convicts us (James 1:18).
Our desire at GCC is to proclaim the Word through God-centered, theologically robust singing; expository preaching that takes the main point of the passage of Scripture, makes it the main point of the sermon, and applies it to our lives today; and God-honoring prayer that acknowledges our spiritual need for His work in our lives.
If any of your questions about GCC are not answered here, we’d love to hear from you. I look forward to meeting you.
- Pastor Matt Walker