2016 Chronological Bible Reading
At GCC we believe the Bible is God's Word and is the supreme and final authority in faith and life. Thus, throughout 2016 we will journey together to read through the entire Bible. As we progress through the Bible we'll see how God's glory is proclaimed through His redemption of sinful people. Hence, we've titled our yearlong journey: God's Glory Displayed. We'll look specifically at six ways God reveals Himself throughout the Bible.
Our Bible reading will follow the Reader’s Guide to the Bible to guide us on this journey (free books available in the church foyer). The reading plan has six days of reading each week with day seven reserved for a few study questions related to the weekly reading.
Each Sunday sermon during 2016 will be based out of the previous week’s reading, so those who complete the reading will have an enhanced understanding of the background and context of the sermon passage. In addition to the sermon we offer a Core Course each Sunday at 9:00am that provides an opportunity for people to ask questions related to the reading and discuss various issues that arise in the text.
The reading and study questions found in the Reader’s Guide to the Bible will also serve as the guide for all our community group discussions throughout 2016.
- Download a BOOKMARK of November and December's reading to print and put in your Bible (copies also available in the church foyer)
- Download a TIMELINE of Old Testament chronology.
- Download the 24 Possible Ways to Apply Psalm 1 to Your Life pdf.
- Import the daily reading into your electronic calendar (with links to the text and audio) by downloading this file
- Download the free Read the Bible for Life Bible Reader for iPhone
- Download a Free (and simple) iPhone READING PLAN (instructions below)
- In the App Store, download the free "Reading Plan" app by James H. Price
- Open the app and press the menu icon in the top-right corner
- Select "Reading Plan"
- Select "View Available Plans"
- Scroll through the list of plans until you reach "RBL Chronological" about 2/3 of the way down and select "Download"
- Once the download is complete, select "Done"
- "RBL Chronological" will now appear in the list of your plans. Select it.
- In "Settings" set "Start Date" to January 4, 2016
- Set "Bible link" to "Crossway ESV (Mobile)" to be able to link to the online Scripture passages from the app
- Set "Open To" to "Today"
- Feel free to set a reminder time if you'd like