- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Ephesians 5:22-24. What are some cultural expectations that are in opposition to this passage?
- In what ways is marriage a testimony to others? What are some ways that marriage is a picture of our relationship with Christ? What implications does this have for the significance of the marriage covenant?
- Wives, how should this passage impact your attitudes and thoughts towards your husband, even when he frustrates you? How does it impact the way you speak about him in front of your friends or your children?
- Husbands, do you lead in a sacrificial way that makes it easier for your wife to submit to your leadership, or in a selfish way that makes it aggravating or uncomfortable to submit to your leadership? What are some practical indicators of this in your marriage?
- What limits are put on the wife’s submission in Colossians 3:18 and Acts 5:29? How do these passages act as a guideline for what husbands and wives should desire from and encourage in one another?