- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Psalm 34:1-3. What does it mean to boast in the Lord or to magnify the Lord? Is this something that every Christian should be doing? What hinders you from doing this more often? List some practical ways you can boast in the Lord and magnify Him.
- Read Psalm 34:4-7. When we face fears or trials, we’re often tempted to run from the Lord instead of seeking Him like David did. How can we condition our hearts to run to God in times of trial instead of away from Him? (See David’s example in Psalm 119:9-16.)
- Read Psalm 34:8-10. How do we reconcile these verses with the worldwide persecution and suffering of Christians? (See Psalm 34:19, John 16 verses 1-4 and 33.)
- Read Psalm 34:11-18. What doe these verses reveal about the character of God?
- Read Psalm 19-22. What form of deliverance is verse 20 alluding to? (See John 19:33-37.)