- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read all of Psalm 119 in your community group. As you read, notice what themes stand out, and discuss what you noticed.
- What motivates you to seek God and obey His Word? What motivated the psalmist to seek God and follow His commandments?
- Read Jeremiah 23:29, Hebrews 4:12, and James 1:21-25. What pictures are used to describe the Word of God? Why is the Word of God valuable, and how is the value of God’s Word evidenced in your own life?
- Read John 1:1-5. John describes Jesus as the Word. What similarities are there between the Psalmist’s description of the Word in Psalm 119:33-40 and John’s description of the Word?
- Pray through the areas of Psalm 119 that you want to embody in your own life. Ask specifically that God would increase your delight in His Word (vs. 36a).