- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read James 5:7-12. What examples of patience does James give? What reasons does James give for being patient?
- In what circumstances do you find it most difficult to be patient? What examples in Scripture can be a reminder and encouragement to you during those times?
- Aside from exterior circumstances, what are some desires, motivations, or mindsets that might foster an attitude of impatience? How can we be on guard against such an attitude? (See 2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
- Read Matthew 5:33-37 and 12:36-37. How do these two passages contribute to a right understanding and application of James 5:12? Consider whether you are someone who is known to follow through on what they say, or if you find yourself having to convince others that you mean what you say.
- Discuss how your community group can help each other cultivate greater patience in light of the Lord’s return.