- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Why does James use such strong metaphors (murder and adultery) when referring to the proud?
- What are some ways a believer might unintentionally be embracing friendship with the world?
- How does James’ strong language in James 4:4 affect the way you view worldliness and sin in your own life? How can Hebrews 12:4 challenge you in your fight against sin? What do these passages reveal about the severity of the fight?
- According to James 4:6-10, how can a person draw near to God?
- What are some common themes that you’ve noticed so far in the book of James?