- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read James 4:13-17. What are some ways people might misapply this text?
- How might James 4:14 affect the way you view your life, your goals, your accomplishments?
- James 4:15 reminds us that God is sovereign over our lives. How should this knowledge influence our prayers for our church, our own lives, and the lives of our unsaved friends?
- James tells us in 4:15 that we ought to have a mindset of “If the Lord wills” before declaring future plans. How might saying this out loud benefit you and those around you? Who could you ask to help you grow in this area?
- Read James 4:17. What is a truth that you have learned from James over the past several weeks? How can you put it into practice and do “the right thing”?