- 1. What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- What are the differences James 3:13-18 points out between wisdom that comes from above and “wisdom” that does not?
- Some of the people James was writing to were self-deceived into thinking they were wise when in fact they were not. How can believers avoid being self-deceived into thinking we’re something we’re not? What role does your community group and church body have in helping to avoid self-deception?
- What do 1 Corinthians 1:30 and Colossians 2:2-3 tell us is necessary for being “wise and understanding”?
- Compare the values in James 3:17 with the things that our culture values. In what ways are the world’s values similar? In what ways are they opposed?