- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- How should we respond to someone who argues that suffering and evil prove that God does not exist?
- Is suffering always, never, or sometimes the result of personal sin? What are some Scripture passages that inform your answer?
- Do we have a tendency to look down on people who are going through difficult times as though they have somehow deserved it? What does Luke 13:1-5 say we have in common with those people, and how might that help change our attitude towards them?
- What are some practical ways your community group can minister to those in our church body who are suffering?