- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- How can you identify and overcome the sinful desires that “wage war” within you? (see Romans 7:15-25)
- While you might not actually say “God is tempting me," what are some ways in which you may be guilty of blaming God or others for your sin? (Since God is sovereign over your circumstances, what are you really saying when you use your circumstances to excuse sin?)
- What should your response be when you recognize the source of your sin and the effect sin has as stated in James 1:15? (see Matthew 5:27-30)
- What are some of the good gifts that God has given you and how can you give Him the glory for those gifts?