- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Ephesians 2:11-12. What are the readers called to remember in verse 12? Why does Paul want us to remember these?
- Read Ephesians 2:13-18. What difference does Christ’s work make when compared with verses 11-12?
- What impact should the truths of verses 13-15 have on the way you view and respond to cultural distrust, racism, nationalism, missions, and hospitality?
- Is there any group of ethnic people you are tempted to be racist or hostile towards in your thoughts, words, attitudes, or actions? How does a proper understanding of Christ’s death and the image of God in people help guard against such temptation? (See also Genesis 1:27, Acts 17:27, Revelation 5:9.)
- Read Ephesians 2:19-22. How does this passage inform your understanding of the church? How can the church be a testimony to the world of the unity that Christ brings?