- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Ephesians 1:15-23. In verse 15 Paul gives thanks for the Ephesians’ love toward all the saints. Are other people able to thank the Lord for your love toward all the saints? What are some ways you show love to all of the saints? What are some ways you could love other believers better?
- What is the difference between the kind of knowledge Paul prays about in verses 17-18 and the kind of knowledge in Matthew 7:21-23? (See also John 10:14-15,27)
- Consider that Christ, who has immeasurable power described in verses 19-21, is given as head over all things to the church in verse 22. How does this impact the way you view the church?
- Read Paul’s other prayers, found in Ephesians 3:16-20, Philippians 1:9-11, and Colossians 1:9b-12. What are some insights these passages reveal about prayer? How should these passages affect your own prayers?